If you're looking to party, head to a concert or catch a comedy show to celebrate the end of 2014 and the beginning of a new year, here are the best places to keep you and your friends entertained.
Music and dancing
- First Avenue Danceteria - 8 p.m. - Get Cryphy, DJ Foolproof, (Cloud), Roy Freedom and DJ Smitty will have you on your feet to welcome the new year in style.
- Crystal Ball at International Market Square - The party will be hot at the annual Crystal Ball. Dessa, DJ Josh Taylor and DJ Strangelove will keep the party going strong well into the wee hours of the night. If you don't want to dance all night, get a table above to stay connected and enjoy the music.
Entertainment and costumes
- Chateau Marmont at Tangiers in Minneapolis is back this year and more Hollywood than ever. Costumes are almost a requirement for this party, as is a "Great Gatsby" attitude.
- Carnival NYE: 2015 at MUSE Event Center in Minneapolis. Leave the cold of Minneapolis behind and welcome in the new year Rio style. Glitter, costumes and music will help you kick off the new year in style.
- Minnesota Orchestra is bringing back their New Year's Eve concert after a long hiatus. Check out the newly renovated Orchestra Hall, and enjoy the soul-stirring music of Gershwin as you say goodbye to 2014.
- Sawyer Brown and The Pointer Sisters at Mystic Lake - Plan a night out to usher in the new year with a concert, fireworks and food buffet at Mystic Lake Casino in Prior Lake. Sawyer Brown starts the evening off at 7 p.m., and The Pointer Sisters will perform at 10 p.m.
There's plenty happening this New Year's Eve in the Twin Cities, so make your plans now and get your tickets early, as many shows and events will sell out.