Did you set a New Year's resolution to lose weight, get healthy or tone some muscles? If you did, check out the following fitness centers in the Twin Cities to get started:
* YMCA - There are seven YMCAs located in Minneapolis and St. Paul neighborhoods, putting at least one relatively close to your office or home if you live in a Minneapolis or St. Paul loft or condo. YMCAs are very family-oriented, providing fitness camps for children, as well as all the athletic and fitness classes and workshops you need as an adult.
* Anytime Fitness - Anytime Fitness has nine locations in Minneapolis and St. Paul. They offer fitness center access any time of the day or night, which is great for those who work different shifts.
* Lifetime Fitness - Only three Lifetime Fitness centers are found between Minneapolis and St. Paul, but if you live or work near one of them, you'll find a great resource with classes, fitness equipment and even sports teams that you can join to pursue your healthy living resolution.
* LA Fitness - There are two centers in prime locations on Hennepin Ave. and University Ave. If your office or home are near these areas, be sure to check out this fitness center.
* Snap Fitness - With more than a dozen locations scattered throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul, there is a Snap Fitness close to you. They're smaller centers with all the equipment you need for a good physical workout, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be overcrowded.
With all these fitness centers and more right around the corner in Minneapolis and St. Paul, you should have no trouble working on your New Year's resolution to get healthy and fit!